There are a few steps that patients need to take prior to anesthesia.
- You MUST not eat or drink anything at least 8 hours prior to surgery
- Refrain from smoking 12 hours prior to surgery.
- You will need someone to accompany you to the surgery and drive you home after.
- On the day of surgery, do not wear any jewelry, contact lenses, or dentures.
- If you regularly take medications, discuss those with the doctor to ensure that they are approved prior to surgery.
- Other than these simple considerations, there is nothing else you need to do to prepare for surgery.